Gluten Free Apple Cider Donuts bring fall to your kitchen any time of the year. Covered in cinnamon sugar, these are a perfect sweet bite!
Fall is the absolute best time of year, no question about it. Not only is the weather absolutely spectacular, but fall flavors are my favorite. Fresh apples complemented by warm cinnamon create such wonderful treats! Why not bring these treats home all year long!?
One treat that I have so dearly missed is apple cider donuts. They are the perfect bite in my personal opinion. They are soft and filled with so much apple flavor, and some how you are always covered in cinnamon sugar.
Since these donuts are baked and not fried you can enjoy them more often! When I was deciding to bake these donuts, I didn’t want to have to buy a donut pan. Placing the tin foil balls in the center of a muffin tin worked just as well as a donut pan! I have to say these donuts are so fluffy and light and were not hard to make! Give these donuts a try, they will not only make your house smell amazing but will become your go to breakfast treat!
I hope you like these Gluten Free Apple Cider Donuts as much as I do!
- The trick I use to pour any mixture into a plastic bag and use as a pastry bag is to place the bag into a cup and fold the plastic bag over the edge of the cup! This prevents the edge of the bag from getting messy and also a direct path to the corner of the bag!
- Do not over brush your donuts with butter! You are just trying to lightly moisten them so the cinnamon sugar has a wet surface to stick to!
Temperature 350 Degrees
- 1 ¼ cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup apple cider
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted dairy free butter (Country Crock Avocado Oil Sticks)
- 1 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp melted dairy free butter
Gluten Free Apple Cider Donut Recipe
- In a small saucepan, simmer 1 cup of apple cider on medium for 10-15 minutes until it reduces by half.
- Once the apple cider has reduced to a ½ cup set a side and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl sift together all dry ingredients.
- In a smaller mixing bowl mix together all wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Take a large muffin tin (6 muffins) and roll tin foil into 6 balls (about the size of a quarter). Spray both the muffin tin and tin foil balls.
- Place mixture in a large plastic bag and snip off corner to use as a pastry bag.
- Place tin foil balls in center of the muffin tin and pipe batter twice around.
- Bake at 350 for 10-13 minutes until golden brown.
- While the donuts bake, combine sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. In a separate bowl melt 2 tbsp of butter.
- Remove donuts from muffin tins and pop out tin foil ball. Brush donuts lightly with butter and roll in cinnamon/sugar topping. Place on wire rack to finish cooling! Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My Site contains Affiliate Links, and I may receive a small commission if you click the link and purchase a product. I will never recommend anything I haven’t tried and liked! Thank you for supporting Inclusive Kitchen!