I was feeling under the weather this week so my parents so kindly made a food delivery. My mother’s contribution was a lovely pot of soup while my father stopped at our favorite German butcher and picked up a varietal of meats. One that stood out was the ¼ inch thick slab bacon. My boyfriend and I knew that we could not just eat this with eggs and toast, but would rather have to make this the star of the show. Thinking back to a restaurant we ate at while snowboarding, we indulged in the most amazing candied thick cut bacon, I wanted to recreate that recipe. This bacon is sweet, salty, and smoky. I imagine doing this again and pairing it with a nice beverage as an appetizer, because full disclaimer we just ate it standing next to the oven this time!
- Placing the bacon on a wire rack to cook allows the fat off and the bacon to get crispier! It may create a little bit of smoke due to the sugar in the rub!
- Allow the bacon to cool before devouring, the sugar is very hot and dangerous!
- Make sure you get the thickest bacon you can find!
Temperature: 375 Degrees
Yields: 4 slices ¼ inch thick cut bacon
- 1/2 lb of thick cut slab bacon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
Candied Thick Cut Bacon Recipe
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Rub both sides of bacon with mixture.
- Place bacon on wire rack, on cookie sheet covered in aluminum foil.
- Bake bacon for 20-25 minutes until bacon is crispy!
- Allow bacon to slightly cool before eating! The sugar is very, very hot!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My Site contains Affiliate Links, and I may receive a small commission if you click the link and purchase a product. I will never recommend anything I haven’t tried and liked! Thank you for supporting Inclusive Kitchen!