Creamy Peppercorn Steak Sauce made with coconut milk and fresh peppercorn is the addition that tops a perfect steak for those with milk sensitivities.
I have always been a sucker for a perfectly grilled steak. Yet since developing a gluten and dairy allergy I have been missing out on the creamy, dreamy steak sauces. A peppercorn sauce hits all the flavor notes when it comes to a great steak sauce. The peppercorns add a sharp bite, while the coconut milk provides a silky texture. This sauce makes you feel like you are at a steakhouse rather than sitting in the comforts of your own home. Personally, any recipe that can do that for me is a total win! So, grab your favorite cut of meat and get saucey!
Scroll to the bottom for consolidated recipe!
- If you are not cooking your steaks in the pan, not to worry! Cut off any fat or small trimmings from your steaks and sauté those in the pan to season your oil!
- If you decide to substitute heavy cream for the coconut milk you can omit the cornstarch!
- It’s important to make a slurry of cornstarch and room temperature beef broth in a separate bowl. The cornstarch will clump up if added directly to the hot sauce!
- ¼ cup Meat Trimmings (If not cooking steaks in pan)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup brandy
- ¾ cup Beef Broth
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2-3 tsp coarsely crushed peppercorns
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup beef broth
- Add oil to pan and either cook steaks to desired temperature or brown ¼ cup meat trimmings and remove from pan.
- Add brandy on a steady simmer while scraping the bottom of the pan until reduced by half. This will take about 2 minutes.
- Add ¾ cup beef broth on a steady simmer until reduced by half. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and add coconut milk and peppercorns.
- In a separate bowl add cornstarch and ¼ cup of beef broth and stir until no lumps are present.
- Add slurry mixture to pan, stirring slowly. The sauce will thicken quickly. If the sauce is too thick add more beef broth!
- Taste the sauce and add salt if needed.
- Spoon sauce over steak! Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My Site contains Affiliate Links, and I may receive a small commission if you click the link and purchase a product. I will never recommend anything I haven’t tried and liked! Thank you for supporting Inclusive Kitchen!