This fiesta street corn is like Mexican street corn but off the cob! Covered in melty cheese but packs a bit of a kick!
I ordered Mexican Street Corn, and it became a staple in my lineup. Perfectly cooked corn, creamy Mexican crema, salty coijta cheese, and smoky chipotle peppers make this the dish irresistible. Although delicious, there are some glaring issues that I needed to fix! The first downside with this dish is the included dairy. That doesn’t help anyone with allergies. Second, is my odd pet peeve of eating corn off the cob. (Judge me if you must, I hate it in my teeth) From this, my Mexican street corn recipe was born. This dish is everything you are looking for, without the hassle of the actual cob, oh and of course the dairy.
My boyfriend does not have a dairy allergy and could not tell I used dairy free cream cheese! To add a little texture, I finish the dish with a sprinkle of cheese and broil until brown and crispy.
At the last step, I separated the mixture into two dishes and let my boyfriend have his multi colored Mexican dairy cheese! I paired this with my adobo style chicken thighs and felt like I was transported to my favorite Mexican restaurant! I would even dare you to try this as a phenomenal add-in inside your tacos! Have fun with this recipe, cook up this skillet and watch the fiesta begin!
- If you do not want to broil the dish, you can add about ½-1 cup of Cheddar cheese to the skillet and mix in until melted!
- You can use red, orange, or yellow pepper! Red pepper adds a nice contrast of color to the dish!
- You can always add more jalapenos depending on your spice preference! Remember there are pickled and fresh jalapenos in the dish!
- If you use whole kernel, fresh cut canned corn you do not need to rinse!
- Make sure to rinse your black beans!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 minced garlic cloves
- 2 11 oz cans corn
- 1 15 oz can black beans (rinsed)
- 1 diced large red bell pepper
- 1 diced sweet onion
- 1 minced, deveined, deseeded fresh jalapeno
- ¼ cup diced pickled jalapenos
- 6 oz dairy free cream cheese (Tofutti Cream Cheese)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cheddar Cheese (Violife Cheddar Cheese)
Fiesta Street Corn Recipe
- Add olive oil in a large non stick skillet over medium heat
- Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic until fragrant. Make sure not to burn garlic!
- Add peppers, fresh jalapenos, and pickled jalapenos. Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add corn, black beans, paprika, salt, and pepper to taste. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and stir until fully incorporated.
- Scoop mixture into oven safe dish, top with cheddar cheese. Broil until cheese is lightly brown and melted! **I used two different dishes, one was topped with dairy free cheese and one was topped with dairy Mexican blend cheese!)