These Fresh Mex Turkey Burgers take a healthy but bland burger and make it flavor-FULL! Fresh garlic, cilantro and onion are the perfect seasoning to this healthy meal!
I love ground turkey meat, but for some reason I was never able to get much flavor into a turkey burger. I normally season my burgers with dry seasoning, but turkey burgers usually require more moisture.
This recipe provides so much flavor and moisture by adding fresh chopped garlic, onion, and cilantro. Anyone who knows me knows that I love condiments, and I knew the seasoning was perfect on these turkey burgers when I didn’t need anything (other than a little mayonnaise!) Turkey is a great way to switch it up during the week from the classic beef burger, and now you don’t have to skimp on flavor. I paired these burgers with an iceberg lettuce bun and tortilla strips for a south of the border twist! So next time you pass turkey meat in the grocery store, give it a shot you won’t be disappointed!
Scroll to the bottom for the consolidated recipe!
- Make sure to use a turkey meat with some fat content! This will ensure the burgers stay together during cooking and stay moist!
- Refrigerating the burgers after seasoning and forming them will not only lock in the flavor, but will keep them together while cooking!
- To cut the perfect iceberg lettuce bun, cut parallel with the rib on both edges! This creates nice caps that can be used as the perfect gluten free and fresh bun!
Yields: 4 Burgers
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs ground Turkey meat
- ¼ sweet onion
- 3 garlic gloves
- Handful fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and deveined
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground pepper
Fresh Mex Turkey Burger Recipe
- Place onion, garlic, cilantro, and jalapeno in your food processor and chop until finely diced.
- Dump ingredients from food processor into bowl with turkey meat and add all other ingredients.
- Mix until combined and form into four patties. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, up to 6 hours.
- These burgers can be prepared on the grill or in a pan! If preparing on a grill make sure to grease with vegetable oil, and preheat the grill to high. Place the cold turkey burgers on heated grill for 5 minutes with the lid closed. Flip the burgers and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. The internal temperature of the burgers should register 165°F. Do not overcook burgers, turkey can quickly dry out.
- If cooking burgers in pan, pour 1 tbsp oil in bottom of pan and allow to warm. Place turkey burgers in bottom of pan and sear on both sides for 3-5 minutes until a nice brown crust is formed. If the turkey burgers have not reached an internal temperature 165°F, pour ½ of water in the bottom of the pan and cover. This will allow the burgers to steam and not overcook!
- Enjoy on a lettuce, gluten free, or gluten full bun!!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My Site contains Affiliate Links, and I may receive a small commission if you click the link and purchase a product. I will never recommend anything I haven’t tried and liked! Thank you for supporting Inclusive Kitchen!