This Gluten and Dairy Free Mac N Cheeze is a simple way to make a familiar favorite! Cheesy and sharp homestyle taste you’ll love!
Mac & Cheese is the ultimate comfort food. It is cheesy, warm and can make any bad day better! Every dairy free, gluten free recipe I have come across has always included nutritional yeast or making your own cashew cream sauce. Personally, the dairy free cream cheese, sour cream, and cheddar cheese provide a phenomenal base for this mac & cheese. I add Dijon and Worcestershire to mimic the sharpness of cheddar cheese!
This is the perfect side dish or you can add a protein and make it a main dish. This comforting recipe is a quick way to make a familiar dish for you and your family! There is nothing a nice warm bowl of mac & cheese can’t fix.
- Do not rush the melting stages! If you have the heat too high the ingredients will burn and give your cheese sauce a bitter taste!
- 1 box gluten free elbows
- 2 tbsp dairy free butter (Country Crock Avocado Oil Sticks)
- ½ cup dairy free cream cheese (Tofutti Cream Cheese)
- ¾ cup dairy free sour cream (Tofutti Sour Cream)
- ½ unsweetened original almond milk
- 1 ½ cups dairy free cheddar cheese (Violife Cheddar Cheese)
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box
- In a large, heavy bottom pot melt 2 tbsp of butter on medium- low heat.
- Mixing frequently, add cream cheese, sour cream, and almond milk. Do not raise the heat too high or the mixture will burn!
- Once the mixture is completely smooth add in cheddar cheese and continue to mix until all the cheese is melted.
- Finally, add the mustard, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add in pasta and lightly fold until completely coated! Enjoy warm!
I hope you like this gluten and dairy free mac n cheeze!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My Site contains Affiliate Links, and I may receive a small commission if you click the link and purchase a product. I will never recommend anything I haven’t tried and liked! Thank you for supporting Inclusive Kitchen!