These Hawaiian Chicken Taquitos are a crispy twist on a snacktime favorite! Crispy little bites packed with chicken and cheese that everyone will love!
I love the food blogger halfbakedharvest, her recipes are innovative and absolutely delicious! My best friend made her slow cooker braised Hawaiian pineapple chicken tacos and told me I had to make them. I mostly had everything at home, but I had to make a few adjustments.
I used chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs, just because I had run out, trust me that was not my preference. It still turned out delicious. I used canned pineapple, cause hey we are in a pandemic currently and its what I had. Finally, I made sure everything was gluten and dairy free!
In her recipe she makes a super fresh coleslaw to go over the top of the tacos, which unfortunately I did not have. This is where I started to get a little bit creative. Tacos usually need a bright bite on top, but taquitos most definitely do not.
This is where I decided to go rogue and use her Hawaiian chicken recipe and make some lovely taquitos out of them! Let me tell you, they came out phenomenal! Taquitos are the perfect vehicle when you don’t have a fresh topping to add to your taco or you are just in the mood to make taquitos. Below is the link to halfbakedharvest slow cooker braised Hawaiian pineapple chicken and how I made them into taquitos! So next time you see a recipe you love and don’t have everything, try and make it you might just come up with something spectacular!
- Do not overstuff these taquitos! It will be tempting, but if you do, they will burst while crisping in the oven!
- Do not line your cookie sheet, the oil on the corn tortillas along with the bare cookie sheet is what allows the tortillas to crisp so nicely!
- Make the Hawaiian Chicken according to HalfBakedHarvest
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Warm corn tortillas in a slightly moistened paper towel for 1 minute in the microwave to make them pliable.
- Place corn tortilla on a cookie sheet and brush with olive oil
- Flip brushed corn tortilla, on unbrushed side, place about 2 tbsp of filling down the middle of tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll up tortilla and make sure seam side is down on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes and then flip taquitos and bake for another 5 minutes or until tortillas are crispy.
- Serve with sauce of choice and fresh lime, enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My Site contains Affiliate Links, and I may receive a small commission if you click the link and purchase a product. I will never recommend anything I haven’t tried and liked! Thank you for supporting Inclusive Kitchen!