Popcorn may just be the perfect snack food, but jalapeno popcorn is even better. Add some jalapenos, cayenne, and seasoned salt and you might have yourself the perfect spicy morsel. I would love to take all the credit for this creation, but I have to give credit to my boyfriends Air Force unit on this one. He’s an Airman and at their base they have a constant flow of this delicious jalapeno popcorn freshly being popped. Upon my first visit, my nostrils were assaulted by the smell of pickled jalapenos, and I could not have been happier. This recipe serves as the perfect go to whenever you need something salty with a little kick; nothing more American than that!
Scroll to bottom for consolidated recipe!
- Dry off the jalapenos with paper towel before placing them in the hot oil. Dry jalapenos will become much more crispy!
- Keep the vent fan on or crack a window when making this popcorn! Your eyes and nostrils will feel the heat on this one!
Yield: 4 cups popped popcorn
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapenos
- 1/3cup popcorn kernels
- Dash Cayenne Pepper
- Dash Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- Dry jalapenos on paper towel
- Heat oil in heavy bottom pot.
- Add dry jalapenos and fry until edges are brown.
- Add popcorn kernels, place pot top on and shake pot over stove intermittently.
- Once popping has settled, remove pot from stove and give them a dash of seasoned salt and cayenne pepper
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My Site contains Affiliate Links, and I may receive a small commission if you click the link and purchase a product. I will never recommend anything I haven’t tried and liked! Thank you for supporting Inclusive Kitchen!