These Pancake Battered Chicken Bites are crispy on the outside and oh so juicy on the inside.
When I was younger, I could always remember begging my parents to include those golden chicken fingers on our Chinese delivery order. They were crispy, but soft and the chicken was always perfectly cooked. Of course, there are recipes for copycat Chinese chicken fingers out there, but these chicken fingers are slightly different. They offer the same texture, yet are slightly sweet from the Bisquick.
Since they are made with Bisquick I figured this would be a wonderful brunch treat! once the quarantine is over and I can drink mimosas with my girls!
I paired this with my version of a Chick-fil-a sauce and it was a delicious dinner. So next time you want breakfast for dinner, make these little bites. You won’t be disappointed!
Scroll to the bottom for the consolidated recipe!
- Make sure you allow the oil to return to temperature between frying each batch of nugs!
- I constantly use a Kitchen Thermometer for my recipes. I use (this one and shown below) just about every day. For this recipe it helps between checking the oil temperature and making sure I have perfectly cooked nuggets! It’s Less than $15 and works for just about any temperature you could need in the kitchen.
- The chicken should be lightly coated with batter or it will not cook evenly.
- Allow nuggets to drain on wire rack so they do not become soggy!
Yields: 3 dozen nuggets
Temperature: Heat oil to 350 Degrees
- 64 oz canola or vegetable oil
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 2 cups gluten free bisquick
- 1 ½ cup milk ( Silk Organic Unsweet Original Soy)
- 2 eggs
- Cut chicken breasts into 1×1 inch cubes
- Salt and pepper chicken and place to the side
- Beat in a large bowl Bisquick, milk, and eggs until smooth
- Dip chicken cubes in batter and lightly coat. Gently place into hot oil
- Cook for 6-8 min. Nuggets should be lightly browned
- Place on wire rack to drip off any residual oil
- Enjoy! Try them with some Homemade Chick-Fil-A Sauce!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My Site contains Affiliate Links, and I may receive a small commission if you click the link and purchase a product. I will never recommend anything I haven’t tried and liked! Thank you for supporting Inclusive Kitchen!