These Pulled Pork Sweet Potatoes are stuffed with flavorful BBQ on top of a hearty sweet potato.
Sweet potatoes and BBQ are a match made in heaven. In this recipe I take my Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas and jazz them up with some Stub’s BBQ sauce, spices, and of course some cheese. A fresh baked sweet potato becomes the perfect vehicle for this BBQ pork. This is a great make ahead meal, bake your potatoes the night before and have them in the fridge ready to go!
- Give your sweet potato some love and mash the flesh with butter, salt, and pepper right in the potato skin!
Temperature: 375 Degrees
Yields: 2 Stuffed Potatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 ½ cups Slow Cooker Carnitas
- ¾ cup BBQ Sauce (Stub’s BBQ Sauce)
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Cayenne (optional)
- 1 tbsp Dairy Free Butter (Country Crock Avocado Oil Sticks)
- Cheddar cheese (Violife Shredded Cheddar Cheese)
- 2 chopped scallions (greens only)
Pulled Pork Sweet Potato Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees
- Wash sweet potatoes, and dry with paper towel.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for an hour or until completely tender to touch.
- Take the Pork Carnitas and place in non-stick skillet
- Add ¾ cup of BBQ Sauce, and spices. Mix until heated through.
- Slice open sweet potato length wise and mash flesh with fork. Mix in 1/2 tbsp dairy free butter into each potato.
- Stuff carnitas in potato and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place stuffed potatoes under the broiler until cheese is melted and bubbly! Top with scallions and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My Site contains Affiliate Links, and I may receive a small commission if you click the link and purchase a product. I will never recommend anything I haven’t tried and liked! Thank you for supporting Inclusive Kitchen!