These slow cooker carnitas will absolutely become a staple in your household! Not only is this recipe super simple, but also very versatile. This pork is very flavorful, but also provides a blank canvas to take on other flavors to easily use leftovers! I use this pork for BBQ stuffed sweet potatoes, and then spice it up for pork carnitas tacos. So, break out that slow cooker and start enjoying some pork!
The addition of the pineapple and jalapenos in this recipe give it a sweet flavor with some kick!
Scroll to the bottom for the consolidated recipe!
- I purchase canned pineapple in 100% juice so I can dual purpose the juice and fruit!
- I like using a slow cooker for this recipe rather than an InstantPot due to the lack of fat on a pork tenderloin!
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- ½ chopped yellow onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 chopped fresh jalapeno
- 2 tsp salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup of pineapple juice
- ½ cup chopped pineapple
Slow Cooker Carnitas Recipe
- Pat pork tenderloin dry with paper towels.
- Combine rub ingredients and rub all over pork, then place in Crockpot.
- Top with remaining ingredients, cover, and cook on high for 4-6 hours, or low for 6-8 hours.
- When done the meat should be very tender and easily separate with a fork.
- Shred tenderloin with forks in crockpot to recombine with juices.
Also Used In
Pulled Pork Tacos (Coming Soon)
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My Site contains Affiliate Links, and I may receive a small commission if you click the link and purchase a product. I will never recommend anything I haven’t tried and liked! Thank you for supporting Inclusive Kitchen!