I love this toasted coconut margarita! This recipe is one very close to my heart, because it serves as the perfect complement to taco Tuesday! When I lived in Boston, my favorite restaurant had a very similar margarita to the one I have now recreated. My friends and I would always order this coconut margarita, and let me tell you it tastes like Christmas (without the family drama). The coconut crème mellows the tequila beautifully, while the sharp lime balances whatever delicious Mexican fiesta you are destined to whip up. Go the extra mile and rim each glass with toasted coconut and you have yourself an award-winning margarita. Now put the lime in the coconut margarita and take yourself a sip.
Scroll to the bottom for consolidated recipe!
- Use unsweetened coconut flakes! The margarita is already sweet enough!
- Use a clean non stick pan to toast your coconut and watch carefully, it should only take a few minutes to achieve that beautiful golden brown!
- Water down the honey to rim your glass so you do not get a punch of syrupy honey when taking a sip!
Yields: 2 Margaritas
Glassware: Rocks Glasses
- 3 oz coconut crème
- 2 oz silver tequila
- 1 oz triple sec
- 1 oz Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/4 cup Toasted Coconut Flakes
- Place coconut flakes in a non-stick pan, and toast on medium-high heat for about 2 minutes, or until golden brown
- Put honey is a shallow dish with a few drops of water
- Dip rim of rocks glass into honey mixture followed by toasted coconut and fill carefully with ice.
- In shaker combine ice, coconut crème, tequila, triple sec, and lime juice. Shake.
- Strain and pour mixture into coconut rimmed glasses, garnished with lime
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My Site contains Affiliate Links, and I may receive a small commission if you click the link and purchase a product. I will never recommend anything I haven’t tried and liked! Thank you for supporting Inclusive Kitchen!